The Little Pancake Recipe - Blossoms Sloe Syrup
- 4 tsp Blossoms sloe syrup
- 300g rhubarb
- 30g caster sugar
- Juice and zest of an orange
1. Wash the rhubarb and chop into chunks about an inch thick. Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the sugar, orange juice and orange zest, and cook over a medium heat.
2. Heat until the orange juice starts to bubble, and then turn down to a low heat, letting the rhubarb simmer for 5-15 minutes until soft. It won’t take long to cook through if the rhubarb is ripe but it should be enough time to prep steps 1 and 2 of the crepe batter: follow this link to access the Little Pancake blog.
3. Many stewed rhubarb recipes suggest adding water to the fruit but this usually makes the mixture too wet. If needed, add 1tbsp of water but it’s best to allow the fruit to release its own juices first.
4. Once cooked, stir through the Sloe syrup and set aside the rhubarb. Now onto the crepes: follow this link.