Baked cheesecake with Rhubarb
- Preparation time:15 minutes plus cooling
- Cooking time:1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 30 minutes plus cooling
400g rhubarb, cut into 5cm lengths
30ml Blossoms Rhubarb Syrup, 75g caster sugar 30ml, 2 sheets of Gelatine soaked
125g Lotus biscuits
125g digestive biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
4 large eggs
115g caster sugar
600g soft cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
20ml Blossoms rhubarb syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160˚C, gas mark 3. For the roasted rhubarb, put all the ingredients in a roasting tin. Stir in 3 tbsp water and toss together. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, until the rhubarb is just tender. Take out of the oven and set aside to cool in the tin. You will need to warm it again quickly to add the gelatine as a final touch when the cheesecake is cooked.
2. Turn the oven up to 180˚C, gas mark 4; lightly grease a 23cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. For the biscuit base, put the biscuits in a large, sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix until the crumbs are coated. Transfer to the prepared tin; spread evenly over the base. Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 160˚C, gas mark 3.
3 For the filling, lightly beat the eggs and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well combined. Pour over the base, then bake for 45 minutes, or until just set with a slight wobble in the middle. Leave the cheesecake to cool then top it with the roasted rhubarb.